Five Reasons to Attend the PSI Chapter Winter Event!
There are many reasons to register for the PSI Chapter Winter Event on Jan. 24, 2019, in Austin, Texas, but here are the top five reasons to consider:
1. Two informative workshops showcasing industry experts. The centerpiece workshop will examine the future of containerboard and the entire paper recycling stream in North America in 2020 and beyond. Moderator Jim Keefe of Recycling Today Media Group will lead this session, with speakers Debbie Jones of Deutsche Bank Securities Inc./Global Markets, Kelly McNamara of Numera Analytics, and Hannah Zhao of RISI. The second don’t-miss workshop centers on e-commerce and its effects on the paper recycling market, featuring paper industry expert Bill Moore of Moore & Associates.
2. An invaluable opportunity for PSI Chapter members and guests who currently handle—and those who would like to handle in the future—Undeliverable Bulk Business Mail (UBBM) to attend a special meeting with representatives from the U.S. Postal Service, who will make a proposal about establishing a new ISRI grade specification for UBBM.
3. Tours of the Texas Disposal Systems MRF in Creedmore, Texas, and the company’s nearby Exotic Game Ranch. The tour ends at the site’s guest pavilion, where attendees will enjoy a Texas barbecue dinner. (Transportation will be provided from the Omni hotel to and from the MRF tour and game ranch.)
4. After-dinner socializing back in Austin’s historic 6th Street entertainment district, including an afterparty in the Victorian Room of The Driskill hotel. (Thanks to Balcones Resources for sponsoring this afterparty!)
5. The PSI Chapter Winter Event is FREE for PSI Chapter members and $100 per person for nonmembers.
Register to attend NOW at PSI Winter Event Registration.
(The PSI Chapter also wishes to thank Texas Recycling for sponsoring the PSI Chapter/Paper Division dinner, which precedes the PSI Chapter Winter Event, and Recycling Today Media Group for media support and other in-kind services.)